Saturday, November 17, 2007

How grandfather manage himself in the house.

Some of you asked me where I was and what I did during my first week of my post retirement.

I was with my fathers's house in Bidor accompany him from 13th Nov till 18th Nov 2007 since my brother and his wife went for a trip to China. Though I did not change any of my fathers habits, but I did some chore for him to cope with his daily needs.

I have to soak his clothings on a daily basis and dump them into the washing machine and took them out for drying. I have to make sure his clothing is dry in time on a daily basis as he has only 2 pair of bejamas to turn around. Look at the pictures, do I look like a house mate ?




I did some cooking too ! According to the family members, it is quick a challenge to meet my fathers taste-bud. Not to mention what to eat and what not. Look at the picture, isn't it look like professional cook ?






In case you are not aware, my father is 97 this year, he looks fairly healthy and strong. See te pictures and imaging how he manages his daily life at home. He move around a chair for him use it in the bathroom.



Below is a video taken on 18th Nov 2007 while he was on the way out from the bath room to his room after the fresh shower. Do you care to see how our old age father / grandfather manages himself in the house ?




3 comments:

One Big Family said...

wow kaufu...didn't know you can handle housework and cooked for grandpa...APPLAUSE!!!

did grandpa give u a good comment on your cooking?

Jacqueline said...

Did u video grandpa without his knowledge? By the way, I have just visited grandpa today.. He was happy to see my graduation pictures.

Cheers,
Mei Yin

Anonymous said...

Not at all, I cooked chicken chop for him the first trial, bravo !! grandpa ate almost the whole chicken chop....

But for the dish shown on the blog, he ate only 3 small piece.

Best regards
3 Kaufu..